Supervising Basics: Managing Staff Made Easy
Incorporating the Supervisor/The Staff and The Team
For all staff who are supervisors/heads of department or aspire to become supervisors. This course deals with the essential skills needed in a supervisory capacity and will prepare staff for promotion to a leadership position. Covers communication skills, vision, organisation, motivation; look at what is happening in your area, listen to your employees, lead by example, laugh, make employees’ safety your priority; delegate by example! An essential tool for all staff!!
The Following will be covered in the Course:
- Skills and responsibilities needed for effective supervision
- Effective Communication is essential: what causes barriers to communications for Supervisors
- Supervisory responsibilities: Recruitment, orientation and training; managing productivity, coaching; discipline
- Supervisory tools: performance management; developing leaders
- Employee Assistance: Counselling, coaching; improving performance; managing conflict; managing time and change
- 4 Ways to curb absenteeism in the workplace
- Tips and Tools for everyday training
- Building an effective Team; how to ensure that your company has the right people, with the right skills, in the right job at the right time. Minimize conflict in your department and boost productivity
- How to guide your staff along the path to success; setting objectives; planning; decision making; organising; managing communication; delegation
- Motivate your employees to be star performers.
DVD’S Will be shown during the Workshop.
- “How to connect in Business in 90 Seconds”
- “Its not my Job”!!!!!
- “Fish Philosophy”