Create service excellence in the Hospitality Industry. You will find a marked improvement in guest relations and in staff confidence that will have your customers/guests coming back for more……join the list of hotels and guest lodges that have benefited from this outstanding seminar!!
Delivering Service Excellence is the kind of service that makes a positive lasting impression on your guests.
Who Should Attend?
- All levels of staff who interact with guests, face-to-face or telephonically
- Front Office /Housekeeping /Food and Beverage/Functions /Chefs/Maintenance/security
- A valuable tool for all Staff in hotels, bed and breakfast, restaurants, Clinics and Hospitals.
- Communicating for Service Excellence in the Hospitality Industry- How to deliver excellent service.
- Moments of Truth- Go that extra mile.
- What is Service Excellence? Treat all guests with RESPECT!!
- “Wow the Guest with extra-special service, courtesy, professionalism, enthusiasm and exceed your guests’ expectations!
- Managing Stress and Time in the workplace-an essential tool for all staff.
- Acquire excellent communication skills with staff, supervisors and management . In fact throughout the Property.
- Communicating with guests -communication problems and issues.
- Give consistent service that is warm and friendly- Look them in the eye and smile!
- Handling complaints and problems.
- The important role of front-of-house/waitrons/ chefs/ housekeeping staff.
- Telephone Communication and etiquette-Answer that phone within 3 rings and smile!
- Building Effective Teams in the Workplace. “The Fish Philosophy”-A motivational Experience
- This course includes award winning videos from the USA and South Africa-“Give ‘em the Pickle” “How to Connect with the Guest in 90 Seconds” and “What the Customer loves and loathes”
- This programme is an interactive, multi-sensory workshop that facilitates the development of a service ethos in the Hospitality Industry.
Marriott Hotel Chain Customer Guidelines (Handout to Delegates)
- Guest Contact rule: eye contact, smile, greet. Use guest name.
- Giving Directions: Escort guest whenever possible. Avoid pointing.
- Answering Telephone: Greeting- “How may I assist you?”
- Name tag and uniforms.
- Limit personal phone calls and conversations with staff whilst in the presence of our guests.
- Guest Problems: Take ownership.
- Positive Attitude: Use positive words “ My pleasure”. Be a good ambassador of the hotel.
- Guest names: Learn and use each guest’s name.
- Be proactive: Take care of people by showing initiative and assist all guests in a positive way.
- Be knowledgeable: understand all parts of your job so that you always contribute 100 percent to servicing your guests.
- Environment: Cleanliness is the responsibility of every person. Clean as you go and maintain a safe, clean and neat area.
- Fond Farewell: Use phrases like” Thank you for staying with us”. “We appreciate your business”